Pages

Eric and Melissa Smith

Helena, Alabama


Monday, April 8, 2013

Natural Year Challenge Progress

I've used a lot of vinegar in the last several months, but I've saved a lot of money!
Vinegar costs a lot less than all those cleaning products that I haven't bought lately.

How are you doing with the natural year challenge?  I'm not sure where I should be in the schedule of the challenge, but I'm moving along from one step to the next! 

I'm now enjoying homemade laundry soap, homemade hand soap, and homemade dishwasher detergent.  I didn't like my homemade dish soap, but I want to try again and see if I can modify the recipe.
 
Here's our slightly modified recipe for
Liquid Hand Soap:

1 c. water
3 Tbsp. liquid castile soap
8 drops lemon essential oil
8 drops orange essential oil
3 drops Grapefruit seed extract
4 Tbsp. glycerin

It works great in a foaming soap dispenser!

If you read my earlier post about homemade laundry soap, I have an update to give you.  I tried it again and had better results.  Instead of adding liquid castile soap to the boiling water, I added grated castile bar soap to the water.  The consistency was closer to the gel I was hoping for.  Also, instead of pouring it into my purchased detergent dispenser, I put it in a clear plastic gallon container.  I shake it each time I wash a load of laundry, thus preventing the ingredients from separating and sticking to the sides of the container. 

Are you making your own soaps?
Please share your recipes and experiences with us!
We love to hear from you!

Earlier posts:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment