100% pure cymbopogon winterianus
- Diffuse Citronella Oil in a patio area to repel insects outdoors.
- Mix Citronella Oil with Almond Oil and apply to a cotton ball or paper towel. Lightly wipe furniture or doorways to help repel pests.
- Make your own insect repellent spray by adding 30-60 drops of Citronella Oil to 3 ounces of distilled water in a spray mist bottle. Shake well before use to avoid burning sensitive skin.
- Add 5-10 drops of Citronella Oil to your lotion, sunscreen or shampoo to repel ticks.
- Diffuse Citronella Oil in a sickroom during and after contagious illnesses.
- Add a few drops of Citronella Oil to bathwater to help disinfect the skin after an illness.
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil such as Almond Oil and use as a massage oil to help reduce fever.
Have you found citronella oil to be helpful in your home?
Do you have any recipes or suggestions to share?