Pages

Eric and Melissa Smith

Helena, Alabama


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Essential Oils, Part Two

My first experiment with essential oils was to mix some oils for my husband's achy back. I had recently purchased The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood from Beeyoutiful. I wanted to put what I was reading to practical use, but I still felt a little overwhelmed by all the information. I read about several formulas for alleviating back pain and then decided to try my own concoction, using the oils I had on hand. I mixed 5 drops of eucalyptus oil and 5 drops of peppermint oil, diluted in 1 Tbsp. of almond oil. The good news is that my husband, who is not fond of strong smells, didn't mind the aroma at all and actually found the massage to be soothing!

That first successful application of oils was encouraging! A few weeks later, when the children came down with a flu-like virus, I was ready to use our essential oils to help relieve their symptoms.

The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood is available from Beeyoutiful.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment