I found a banana bread recipe on Pinterest last week. The picture looked good, so I followed the pin to 8 Weeks to a Better You Recipes. Heather Larson claimed to have made really good banana bread without using sugar or oil. I thought it might be too good to be true, but I tried it anyway. It really was good! Even my children who love sweets enjoyed it and didn't miss the sugar. Here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much we did!
· 2 cups whole wheat flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
· 3/4 cup honey
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 3 mashed overripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.